- Update to 4.37.7
* New Features and Improvements *
- When stripping HTML messages to plain text, the contents of script and
style tags are omitted.
- Phishing net improved to ignore email addresses.
- Now supports split sendmail queues where any incoming mqueue.in directory
can have qf, df, xf, tf subdirectories, each containing the appropriate
type of file for each message. This will greatly speed operation on big
queues as the directories will be less than half the size of a combined
- New option "Keep Spam And MCP Archive Clean" which forces it to virus scan
all spam that is quarantined. Any spam (or MCP messages) found to be virus-
infected are removed from the quarantine, so you can safely let your users
have access to the spam archive safe in the knowledge that they cannot get
any viruses out of it.
Note: This feature is disabled by default, as most people won't want the
performance hit of all the extra scanning, as they don't their users
access to the spam quarantine anyway.
- Changed Postfix handling so that "Archive Mail" feature creates files
with unique names so that re-used message-ids don't cause overwriting of
older files in the same day with the same message-id.
- Spam and MCP actions (and of course their non- and high-scoring- alternatives
can now include extra headers which are added in each case. These entire
headers must be contained in double quotes. So for example, you can have
Spam Actions = header "X-Spam-Status: yes" deliver
and the message will be delivered but with the extra header
added to the message.
* Fixes *
- Fixed sendmail and ZMailer problem where subject lines starting with a
line-break were not tagged correctly.
- Fixed minor problems with multi-line Subject: headers.
- Fixed bugs with some MTAs when keeping spam archive clean.
- %vars% in MailScanner.conf are now handled properly in "other" settings.
- Fixed problem with correctly removing Phishing frauds from badly formatted
html with missing <a> tags before corresponding </a>.
- Fixed problem with message duplication on some sendmail systems.
- Worked around Perl bug causing crashes with a few bounces from Hotmail.
- Fixed problems stopping SPF checks working properly.
Generated with FreeBSD Port Tools 0.63