After installing the latest available uaudio module (downloaded 2005-04-16), uaudio finally worked with the Creative Labs Sound Blaster mp3+, but two problems remained:
1. Using Gnome's sound mixer on that device causes an immediate system freeze.
2. According to the uaudio driver, the device can only play at 48000Hz which results in asynchronous sound when playing movies with Totem or other video players.
Sorry, no solution known.
How-To-Repeat: 1. Plug a Creative mp3+ to the system.
2. Launch esd -r 48000 or artsd -r 48000.
3. Use a sound mixer: System Freeze.
4. After reboot and restarting the sound daemons as described above, try to playback an Xvid or Divx movie with Totem - the sound will always be asynchronous.
Hello, is this still relevant for recent FreeBSD versions?
For bugs matching the following criteria:
Status: In Progress Changed: (is less than) 2014-06-01
Reset to default assignee and clear in-progress tags.
Mail being skipped