Stunnel can be updated to version 4.10. Among changes from 4.7 are:
* New features
o New -quiet option was added to install NT service without a message box.
o Using $(DESTDIR) in tools/Makefile.am.
o Define NI_NUMERICHOST and NI_NUMERICSERV when needed.
o Length of configuration file line increased from 256B to 16KB.
o Stunnel sends close_notify when a close_notify is received from SSL peer and all remaining data is sent to SSL peer.
o Some fixes for bugs detected by the watchdog.
* Release notes
o There were many changes in the transfer() function (the main loop).
o This version should be thoroughly tested before using it in the mission-critical environment.
* Compilation problem with undeclarated socklen_t fixed.
* TIMEOUTclose is not used when there is any data in the buffers.
* Stunnel no longer relies on close_notify with SSL 2.0 connections, since SSL 2.0 protocol does not have any alerts defined.
* Closing SSL socket when there is some data in SSL output buffer is detected and reported as an error.
* Install/chmod race condition when installing default certificate fixed.
* Stunnel no longer installs signal_handler on ignored signals.
* Missing locking on Win32 platform was added (thx to Yi Lin <firstname.lastname@example.org>)
* Some problems with closing SSL fixed.
* New features
* New UCONTEXT user-level non-preemptive threads model is used on systems that support SYSV-compatible ucontext.h.
* Improved stunnel3 script with getopt-compatible syntax.
Over to maintainer.
Fixed in the just-committed update to 4.10.
Thanks for the problem report and the analysis!
Fixed in the just-committed update to 4.10. Thanks for the problem report!
Mostly included in the update to 4.10. Thanks!
Commited with slight modifications. Thanks!