Bug 92204 - changes to net-mgmt/kismet: OPTIONS and gpsmap
Summary: changes to net-mgmt/kismet: OPTIONS and gpsmap
Status: Closed FIXED
Alias: None
Product: Ports & Packages
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Individual Port(s) (show other bugs)
Version: Latest
Hardware: Any Any
: Normal Affects Only Me
Assignee: Roman Bogorodskiy
URL:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2006-01-23 14:40 UTC by Anton Karpov
Modified: 2006-01-25 21:50 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:


Attachments
kismet.patch (2.33 KB, patch)
2006-01-23 14:40 UTC, Anton Karpov
no flags Details | Diff

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Anton Karpov 2006-01-23 14:40:08 UTC
I'd like to propose a patch for kismet port. 
The changes are:
- Use OPTIONS instead of DISABLE_FOO. IMHO, it's much more clean
- Use additional tweaking and dependancy tracking to build gpsmap along
  with kismet. I wonder why not to build gpsmap with kismet, then it is
  included in kismet distro? Current port fails with gpsmap. My fixes
  allows gpsmap to be built.

I've decide to submit patch to ports@ after two emails I sent to maintainer,
but didn't get his reply. The changes are not so big and dramatical, so I hope
he is ok to it.

Fix: see proposed patch
Comment 1 Edwin Groothuis freebsd_committer 2006-01-23 14:57:02 UTC
State Changed
From-To: open->feedback

Awaiting maintainers feedback
Comment 2 Roman Bogorodskiy freebsd_committer 2006-01-23 17:01:43 UTC
Responsible Changed
From-To: freebsd-ports-bugs->novel

I will take it.
Comment 3 Peter Thoenen 2006-01-23 19:32:29 UTC
hmmm...never seen an email concerning this until now ... wonder if it
got caught in my spam filters.  My cursory review on the patch though
looks good.  Thanks much for the cleanup Anton.

-Peter
Comment 4 Roman Bogorodskiy freebsd_committer 2006-01-24 20:47:37 UTC
  Peter Thoenen wrote:

>  hmmm...never seen an email concerning this until now ... wonder if it
>  got caught in my spam filters.  My cursory review on the patch though
>  looks good.  Thanks much for the cleanup Anton.
>  
>  -Peter


I've hacked on the submitted patch a bit. I've fixed build on 4.x by
disabling pcap support on it, added a forgotten file to pkg-plist and
removed hardcoded -lpthread from configure. Are you OK about it?

The patch is here: http://people.freebsd.org/~novel/misc/kismet.diff

Roman Bogorodskiy
Comment 5 Anton Karpov 2006-01-25 07:12:20 UTC
On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 08:47:37PM +0000, Roman Bogorodskiy wrote:
>   Peter Thoenen wrote:


> >  hmmm...never seen an email concerning this until now ... wonder if it
> >  got caught in my spam filters.  My cursory review on the patch though
> >  looks good.  Thanks much for the cleanup Anton.
> >  
> >  -Peter


Thanks.
If you wish, I'll send you my mail server log records (to see when
exactly mails were sent). 

> I've hacked on the submitted patch a bit. I've fixed build on 4.x by
> disabling pcap support on it, added a forgotten file to pkg-plist and
> removed hardcoded -lpthread from configure. Are you OK about it?


> The patch is here: http://people.freebsd.org/~novel/misc/kismet.diff


I cannot try it to work on 4.x and doubt it might be useful on
4.x due to poor wireless support and (AFAIK) lack of radiotap_bsd support 
in 4.x. I doubt it's useful to be able only to build software not to use
it ;) Correct me if I wrong!
The rest of patch is ok.

-- 
Anton A. Karpov

WWW:  http://www.toxahost.ru
PGP Key ID: A21386F2
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
      (__)              FreeBSD
   \\\'',)      Unix the way *I* like it
     \/  \ ^
     .\._/_)     http://www.FreeBSD.ORG
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
Comment 6 Roman Bogorodskiy freebsd_committer 2006-01-25 19:05:25 UTC
  Anton A. Karpov wrote:

> I cannot try it to work on 4.x and doubt it might be useful on
> 4.x due to poor wireless support and (AFAIK) lack of radiotap_bsd support 
> in 4.x. I doubt it's useful to be able only to build software not to use
> it ;) Correct me if I wrong!
> The rest of patch is ok.


I can't test if it is usable or not on 4.x. I did my tests of the
packaging stuff on a 4.x box so fixed build on it. In case somebody
reports that it is not usable on 4.x, we will mark it IGNORE.

Roman Bogorodskiy
Comment 7 Peter Thoenen 2006-01-25 21:11:34 UTC
Unable to test on 4.x (or even 5.x for that matter) here so not able to
weigh in on the second part of this.  Took over maintainership after
5.x was out so unfamiliar with the 4.x issues or why it was marked bad
... I just left the nobuild options in from the previous maintainer.
Comment 8 Roman Bogorodskiy freebsd_committer 2006-01-25 21:50:17 UTC
State Changed
From-To: feedback->closed

Committed, thanks!