ldapvi - is a tool to update LDAP entries on the fly with a text editor
* Written in C.
* Reasonably fast and small. The ldapvi client needs about as much time
for receiving entries as the OpenLDAP server needs to sends them,
which should be fast enough.
* Shows a summary of changes before committing them. Details of the
changes can be previewed in LDIF format.
* Uses an LDIF-like format in the editor (which should be easier to use
interactively than standard LDIF).
* Can rename entries.
* Does not give up easily. On error, you can edit the file again or
rebind to the server and try again.
The port respects WANT_OPENLDAP_SASL, an additional patch will be
applied to the source to get sasl functionality.
This behavior can be disabled be specifying WITHOUT_SASL, as there is
no command line option to use simple binds to an OpenLDAP server when
the SASL-patch is used.
The library dependecies will still be correct.
Tested on: RELENG_6_1 i386, amd64, ia64, sparc64
CURRENT i386, amd64
Fix: - extract the shell archive adn add everything to CVS
- add "SUBDIR += ldapvi" to sysutils/Makefile
- add "ldapvi ports/sysutils/ldapvi" to CVSROOT-ports/modules
New port added, thank you!