Bug 101471 - [PATCH] audio/easytag: fix pkg-plist, misc
Summary: [PATCH] audio/easytag: fix pkg-plist, misc
Status: Closed FIXED
Alias: None
Product: Ports & Packages
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Individual Port(s) (show other bugs)
Version: Latest
Hardware: Any Any
: Normal Affects Only Me
Assignee: freebsd-ports-bugs (Nobody)
URL:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2006-08-06 19:20 UTC by Stanislav Sedov
Modified: 2006-08-15 17:27 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:


Attachments
easytag-1.1_1.patch (964 bytes, patch)
2006-08-06 19:20 UTC, Stanislav Sedov
no flags Details | Diff

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Stanislav Sedov 2006-08-06 19:20:15 UTC
- Doesn't deinstall certain files (isn't listed in /etc/mtree/BSD.local.dist). Fix that.

Copy of this message was sent to wxs@csh.rit.edu (maintainer).
Comment 1 Edwin Groothuis freebsd_committer 2006-08-06 19:21:26 UTC
State Changed
From-To: open->feedback

Awaiting maintainers feedback
Comment 2 Wesley Shields 2006-08-10 14:32:21 UTC
On Sun, Aug 06, 2006 at 06:21:17PM +0000, Edwin Groothuis wrote:
> Maintainer of audio/easytag,
> 
> Please note that PR ports/101471 has just been submitted.
> 
> If it contains a patch for an upgrade, an enhancement or a bug fix
> you agree on, reply to this email stating that you approve the patch
> and a committer will take care of it.

Unless I've missed something I don't think it is necessary to remove the
stuff in share/locale/ because they were not put there by easytag.
However, the part pertaining to %%DATADIR%% can be committed.  I've
attached a patch for this.

Index: pkg-plist
===================================================================
RCS file: /home/ncvs/ports/audio/easytag/pkg-plist,v
retrieving revision 1.10
diff -u -r1.10 pkg-plist
--- pkg-plist	22 Jan 2006 01:14:15 -0000	1.10
+++ pkg-plist	10 Aug 2006 13:23:20 -0000
@@ -1,6 +1,6 @@
 bin/easytag
-share/easytag/ChangeLog
-share/easytag/EasyTAG_logo.xpm
+%%DATADIR%%/ChangeLog
+%%DATADIR%%/EasyTAG_logo.xpm
 share/gnome/apps/Multimedia/easytag.desktop
 share/locale/cs/LC_MESSAGES/easytag.mo
 share/locale/da/LC_MESSAGES/easytag.mo
@@ -21,4 +21,4 @@
 @dirrmtry share/gnome/apps/Multimedia
 @dirrmtry share/gnome/apps
 @dirrmtry share/gnome
-@dirrm share/easytag
+@dirrm %%DATADIR%%
Comment 3 Stanislav Sedov 2006-08-10 14:33:18 UTC
On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 09:32:21 -0400
Wesley Shields <wxs@atarininja.org> mentioned:

> On Sun, Aug 06, 2006 at 06:21:17PM +0000, Edwin Groothuis wrote:
> > Maintainer of audio/easytag,
> >=20
> > Please note that PR ports/101471 has just been submitted.
> >=20
> > If it contains a patch for an upgrade, an enhancement or a bug fix
> > you agree on, reply to this email stating that you approve the patch
> > and a committer will take care of it.
>=20
> Unless I've missed something I don't think it is necessary to remove the
> stuff in share/locale/ because they were not put there by easytag.
> However, the part pertaining to %%DATADIR%% can be committed.  I've
> attached a patch for this.
>=20

No, you should remove them for they don't listed in BSD.local.dist.

Thus, if you package is installed into different prefix they will
not be removed on uninstall.

Port should deinstall all files/directories it creates, except they
aren't listed in ${MTREE_FILE}.

--=20
Stanislav Sedov         MBSD labs, Inc.         <ssedov@mbsd.msk.ru>
=F2=CF=D3=D3=C9=D1, =ED=CF=D3=CB=D7=C1         http://mbsd.msk.ru

--------------------------------------------------------------------
If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.  -- A. Einstein
--------------------------------------------------------------------
PGP fingerprint:  F21E D6CC 5626 9609 6CE2  A385 2BF5 5993 EB26 9581
Comment 4 Stanislav Sedov 2006-08-10 16:05:35 UTC
On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 12:35:55 -0400
Wesley Shields <wxs@atarininja.org> mentioned:
>=20
> Again, the directories in question are not made by easytag installation.
>=20
> Am I missing something?
>=20

They will be made by easytag installation if you install it into
the different PREFIX. E.g. installing it into /tmp/pref will
give the following (assume, that gettext is installed in /usr/local):

/tmp/pref/share/locale/cs/LC_MESSAGES
/tmp/pref/share/locale/da/LC_MESSAGES
.....................................
/tmp/pref/share/locale/pl/LC_MESSAGES
.....................................

After your package's deinstall, /tmp/pref will contain
share/locale/pl/LC_MESSAGES, share/locale/ro/LC_MESSAGES,
etc directories, although they aren't listed in BSD.local.dist.

These directories will not be deleted by gettext, because gettext was
installed in another PREFIX.

That's because your port should deinstall every directory it creates.

--=20
Stanislav Sedov         MBSD labs, Inc.         <ssedov@mbsd.msk.ru>
=F2=CF=D3=D3=C9=D1, =ED=CF=D3=CB=D7=C1         http://mbsd.msk.ru

--------------------------------------------------------------------
If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.  -- A. Einstein
--------------------------------------------------------------------
PGP fingerprint:  F21E D6CC 5626 9609 6CE2  A385 2BF5 5993 EB26 9581
Comment 5 Wesley Shields 2006-08-10 17:35:55 UTC
On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 07:33:18PM +0600, Stanislav Sedov wrote:
> No, you should remove them for they don't listed in BSD.local.dist.

But I never install them.  They are installed by gettext and are handled
in that pkg-plist.

> Thus, if you package is installed into different prefix they will
> not be removed on uninstall.
> 
> Port should deinstall all files/directories it creates, except they
> aren't listed in ${MTREE_FILE}.

Again, the directories in question are not made by easytag installation.

Am I missing something?

-- WXS
Comment 6 Wesley Shields 2006-08-10 20:03:16 UTC
On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 09:05:35PM +0600, Stanislav Sedov wrote:
> 
> They will be made by easytag installation if you install it into
> the different PREFIX. E.g. installing it into /tmp/pref will
> give the following (assume, that gettext is installed in /usr/local):
> 
> /tmp/pref/share/locale/cs/LC_MESSAGES
> /tmp/pref/share/locale/da/LC_MESSAGES
> .....................................
> /tmp/pref/share/locale/pl/LC_MESSAGES
> .....................................
> 
> After your package's deinstall, /tmp/pref will contain
> share/locale/pl/LC_MESSAGES, share/locale/ro/LC_MESSAGES,
> etc directories, although they aren't listed in BSD.local.dist.
> 
> These directories will not be deleted by gettext, because gettext was
> installed in another PREFIX.

OK, now I see your point.  Then yes, the original patch can be
committed (please bump PORTREVISION).  Thanks for pointing this out to
me.

-- WXS
Comment 7 Shaun Amott freebsd_committer 2006-08-15 16:35:40 UTC
State Changed
From-To: feedback->closed

Committed thanks!