Update the dc2 patch to the newer version: dc3
- added Lazy's fix for graceful restarts (thanks for that!)
- fixed chroot which was broken with dc2 patch.
- optional support for cgroups. This is good for monitoring user's
memory and cpu usage (or even limiting it). Format inside <Processor>
tag is: "Cgroup <cgroup directory>".
- the "request will not be honoured" error should now have more details
about the processor and virtualhost.
- added "MaxSpareProcessors" directive. This tells the server to start
killing idle children if there are more than MaxSpareProcessors of them.
Should help to reduce memory usage, but it may also reduce server speed
(and/or increase cpu usage) if the children keep dying and respawning
all the time. Default is off.
- implemented the use of READY child status. This is used to get more
accurate state of processors' and workers' status by manually setting it
before accepting the new connection (and manually setting it to ACTIVE
after we have received a connection). Not sure if it changes anything,
but I think it's the cleaner way to go.
- the default ProcessorWaitTimeout was increased from 2 to 5.
Fix: Patch attached with submission follows:
Reassign to ports-bugs.
pav 2009-06-02 11:25:22 UTC
FreeBSD ports repository
- Update dc2 patch to dc3
Submitted by: Jille Timmermans <firstname.lastname@example.org> (maintainer)
Revision Changes Path
1.5 +5 -5 ports/www/apache22-peruser-mpm/Makefile
1.2 +0 -844 ports/www/apache22-peruser-mpm/files/httpd-2.2.3-peruser-0.3.0-dc2.patch (dead)
1.1 +1211 -0 ports/www/apache22-peruser-mpm/files/httpd-2.2.3-peruser-0.3.0-dc3.patch (new)
email@example.com mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "firstname.lastname@example.org"