Bug 192775 - Source directory /usr/src/lib/libohash missing
Summary: Source directory /usr/src/lib/libohash missing
Status: Closed Works As Intended
Alias: None
Product: Base System
Classification: Unclassified
Component: bin (show other bugs)
Version: 10.0-STABLE
Hardware: Any Any
: --- Affects Some People
Assignee: freebsd-bugs (Nobody)
Depends on:
Reported: 2014-08-18 06:53 UTC by Martin Kraft
Modified: 2014-08-20 16:53 UTC (History)
0 users

See Also:


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Martin Kraft 2014-08-18 06:53:41 UTC
The directory /usr/src/lib/libohash is missing in 10-STABLE svn checkout.

make buildworld ends up with:
cc -O2 -pipe  -DMIXEDCASE_FILENAMES=1  -DHAVE_FCNTL_H=1  -DHAVE_MKSTEMP=1 -std=gnu99   -I/usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/legacy/usr/include  -static -L/usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/legacy/usr/lib -o yacc closure.o error.o graph.o lalr.o lr0.o main.o mkpar.o mstring.o output.o reader.o yaccpar.o symtab.o verbose.o warshall.o -legacy
sh /usr/src/tools/install.sh -s -o root -g wheel -m 555   yacc /usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/legacy/usr/bin/yacc
/usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/legacy/usr/bin/byacc -> /usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/legacy/usr/bin/yacc
===> lib/libohash (obj,depend,all,install)
cd: /usr/src/lib/libohash: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
*** Error code 2

bmake[1]: stopped in /usr/src
*** Error code 1

bmake: stopped in /usr/src
*** [buildworld] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.

My machine:

FreeBSD <FQDN> 9.3-STABLE FreeBSD 9.3-STABLE #2 r270019: Mon Aug 18 07:04:56 CEST 2014     kraft@<FQDN>/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/<KERNELNAME>  amd64

I just upgraded from 9.2 to 9.3 in preparation for the upgrade to 10-STABLE.

I deleted the whole source tree: rm -r /usr/src/* /usr/src/.*

I fetched the sources with:
svn checkout https://svn0.eu.FreeBSD.org/base/stable/10 /usr/src

Finally I started make buildworld in /usr/src.

(The German error message 'Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden' means
File or directory not found.)
Comment 1 Martin Kraft 2014-08-20 16:53:41 UTC
Yesterday (Aug 19) I upgraded my 10-STABLE source tree with svn up.
Thereafter, make buildworld worked without any problems.

The directory usr/src/lib/libohash doesn't exist but make buildworld
doesn't miss it anymore.

So the problem disappeared for me. I have no explanation. I did not change
my configs, I only completely removed /usr/obj before the new trial of
make buildworld.