Bug 192965 - [stage] japanese/alias-fonts: Add staging support and take maintainership
Summary: [stage] japanese/alias-fonts: Add staging support and take maintainership
Status: Closed FIXED
Alias: None
Product: Ports & Packages
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Individual Port(s) (show other bugs)
Version: Latest
Hardware: Any Any
: --- Affects Only Me
Assignee: John Marino
URL:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2014-08-24 13:49 UTC by WATANABE Kazuhiro
Modified: 2014-08-25 07:51 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:


Attachments
A patch for japanese/alias-fonts. (932 bytes, patch)
2014-08-24 13:49 UTC, WATANABE Kazuhiro
no flags Details | Diff

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description WATANABE Kazuhiro 2014-08-24 13:49:28 UTC
Created attachment 146213 [details]
A patch for japanese/alias-fonts.

* Add staging support.
* Remove unnecessary BUILD_DEPENDS.
* Take maintainership.
Comment 1 John Marino freebsd_committer 2014-08-24 16:28:07 UTC
Thanks!  Do you have any verification available?  In order of preference, examples of what I'm looking for are:

1) "poudriere testport" or "poudriere bulk -t" logs
2) Redports or tinderbox logs
3) "make check-plist" followed by "make stage-qa" output  (https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/porters-handbook/porting-testing.html)

Also, please run "portlint" and paste the output.
Comment 2 John Marino freebsd_committer 2014-08-25 07:06:27 UTC
i'll risk it without test logs.

It does need revbumping as dependencies changed.
Comment 3 John Marino freebsd_committer 2014-08-25 07:22:06 UTC
This is exactly why I asked for proof:



===========================================================================
====> Running Q/A tests (stage-qa)
====> Checking for pkg-plist issues (check-plist)
===> Parsing plist
===> Checking for items in STAGEDIR missing from pkg-plist
===> Checking for directories owned by MTREEs
===> Checking for directories handled by dependencies
===> Checking for items in pkg-plist which are not in STAGEDIR
===> No pkg-plist issues found (check-plist)
====>> Checking for staging violations... done
====>> Error: Filesystem touched during stage (files must install to ${STAGEDIR
usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/local/fonts.alias:
        size (14469, 28894)
extra: usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/local/fonts.alias.orig
===>  Cleaning for ja-alias-fonts-1.0_9
build of /usr/ports/japanese/alias-fonts ended at Mon Aug 25 09:16:23 CEST 2014
build time: 00:00:09




this port touches the /usr/local before it gets installed, that's illegal.
Comment 4 John Marino freebsd_committer 2014-08-25 07:23:30 UTC
hmmm, empty pkg-plist, maybe you should just set this to NO_BUILD and let pkg-install do it's thing.
Comment 5 John Marino freebsd_committer 2014-08-25 07:35:29 UTC
if I replace do-install with "NO_INSTALL=yes", it stages but I get leftovers because of pkg-deinstall creates backup:

[Release100-default-job-01] [1/1] Deleting ja-alias-fonts-1.0_9... done
===========================================================================
====>> Checking for extra files and directories
====>> Files or directories left over:
lib/X11/fonts/local/fonts.alias.orig
===>  Cleaning for ja-alias-fonts-1.0_9
build of /usr/ports/japanese/alias-fonts ended at Mon Aug 25 09:33:17 CEST 2014
build time: 00:00:10

So pkg-deinstall has to be fixed I think
Comment 6 John Marino freebsd_committer 2014-08-25 07:38:04 UTC
pkg-install copies to .orig too
Comment 7 commit-hook freebsd_committer 2014-08-25 07:48:58 UTC
A commit references this bug:

Author: marino
Date: Mon Aug 25 07:48:13 UTC 2014
New revision: 366038
URL: http://svnweb.freebsd.org/changeset/ports/366038

Log:
  Stage japanese/alias-fonts and assign maintainership to submitter

  PR:		192965
  Submitted by:	WATANABE Kazuhiro
  Stage fixes:	marino

Changes:
  head/japanese/alias-fonts/Makefile
  head/japanese/alias-fonts/pkg-deinstall
  head/japanese/alias-fonts/pkg-install
  head/japanese/alias-fonts/pkg-plist
Comment 8 John Marino freebsd_committer 2014-08-25 07:51:30 UTC
I knew this port would be troublesome.  There were several issues beyond your PR that needed to be addressed.  It builds cleanly now and according to "poudriere testport", it's doing the right thing as far as I can tell.

I removed the do-install target completely.  It was just running post-install which means post-install would get run twice.

On the pkg-*nstall scripts, I removed the .orig file at the end of it's processing.