Created attachment 178657 [details]
This patch changes only rc.d script:
- add additional "monitor" command which throws statistics to stdout. See https://www.vaultproject.io/docs/internals/telemetry.html
- add additional "vault_syslog_output_*" rc vars to redirect stdout to syslog
- add vault config to required files list
- rework rc script to make these changes easier to implement
- bump PORTREVISION to reflect package
I find these changes very useful. Please, review.
Looks like this should be assigned to swills@, he is maintaining this port.
Oh, I'm sorry. These daemon(8) functionality available only under FreeBSD-12 CURRENT =(
timp87 the daemon(8) changes are now available in 11.1R too. You might want to
try to make these very handy changes in a way that fails gracefully on older
To be honest, I'm waiting for 11.0 EOL =)
A commit references this bug:
Date: Tue Jul 10 17:49:56 UTC 2018
New revision: 474395
security/vault: improve rc.d script
- Add additional "monitor" command which throws statistics to stdout.
For details, see https://www.vaultproject.io/docs/internals/telemetry.html
- Where possible, add additional "vault_syslog_output_*" rc vars to redirect stdout to syslog
- Add vault config to required files list
- Bump PORTREVISION to reflect package
Submitted by: Pavel Timofeev <firstname.lastname@example.org> (with modifications)