Created attachment 187399 [details]
> libtxc_dxtn is now integrated into Mesa. GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc
> and GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt are now always enabled on drivers
> that support them
Oops, forgot to drop RUN_DEPENDS line despite noting in bug 212762 comment 6.
Created attachment 187412 [details]
You can delete patch-src_mesa_main_compiler.h from the port since it's unnecessary, we are already handled by the 'else' case (noticed by Emil Velikov on mesa-dev)
(In reply to Greg V from comment #3)
Agree but it's unrelated to the update thus maybe ignored by the maintainer. Can you file a separate bug instead?
Created attachment 187589 [details]
Created attachment 187837 [details]
Created attachment 187875 [details]
rc3 (rebased after ports r453796)
Created attachment 187993 [details]
Created attachment 188000 [details]
lang/clover was failing to build.
mv: /wrkdirs/usr/ports/lang/clover/work/stage/etc/OpenCL: No such file or directory
error log: http://sprunge.us/GihO
caused by: https://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/commit/?id=9e1698b17bcd
Created attachment 188140 [details]
Created attachment 188518 [details]
Created attachment 188632 [details]
Mesa 17.3.0 has been officially released, starting countdown to maintainer timeout. As upstream will maintain Mesa 17.2.* until 17.3.1 there's no rush to land this before 2018Q1 branches.
Do you need this for anything particular? The following from the release notes makes me a bit hesitant in approving this.
"Mesa 17.3.0 is a new development release. People who are concerned with stability and reliability should stick with a previous release or wait for Mesa 17.3.1."
That message has been in each Mesa X.Y.0 release for some time. Upstream doesn't do QA on FreeBSD, so waiting won't guarantee more stability on FreeBSD. I've sent CFT to x11@ and ports@ list. Mesa 17.3.1 is expected to be released in ~2 weeks.
The rest is as described in comment 12. To avoid bisecting pain the update has to land separately from any unrelated changes.
Thanks for the explanation.
I assume you are running this somewhere, have you detected any issues so far? I would prefer to wait and see, especially if you've sent out a CFT and haven't gotten any response yet.
(In reply to Niclas Zeising from comment #15)
I've been running all the release candidates on two machines (amdgpu RX 480 and i915 Haswell), with both Xorg and Wayland, with lots of OpenGL and Vulkan applications (OpenMW, Dolphin, RPCS3, PPSSPP…) Of course it works perfectly.
(In reply to Greg V from comment #16)
Nothing is "of course it works" when it comes to the graphics stack. I've been bitten by it before.
Created attachment 188687 [details]
Confirmed: Mesa-17.3.0 works flawlessly (Mpv was tested: no crashes or performance issues).
A commit references this bug:
Date: Sun Dec 17 13:07:38 UTC 2017
New revision: 456530
Update mesa ports to 17.3.0
Add missing dependencies on xcb and xxf86vm.
Changelog for mesa: https://www.mesa3d.org/relnotes/17.3.0.html
Submitted by: jbeich
Tested by: Greg V, cpm
This is in. I'll keep the PR open for a couple of days, in case there's any fallout.
Thanks. The cadence for Mesa patch-level releases is ~2 weeks, for FreeBSD package bulk builds is 2 days (except Sunday). After bug 224513 lands, cementing 17.3.x series before 2018Q1 branches, MFH to 2018Q1 of the subsequent updates (e.g., 17.3.2) can be postponed by 1 week to bake on /head. Also, runtime regressions (e.g., crashes, broken init) on /quarterly can be fixed quickly under ports-secteam@ blanket if those don't require a port update with lots of unrelated changes.