Created attachment 204364 [details]
during the QA measure to ensure a smooth update of graphics/py-pillow to 6.0 (bug #237426) I discovered that graphics/py-mcomix will break at runtime.
This is due the removal of the previously deprecated constant "Image.VERSION" that is still being used by graphics/py-mcomix. 
It has been already reported to upstream  and was fixed partially because another issue with PNG files that contain EXIF information is still open at the moment. 
The attached patch contains both fixes.
- poudriere (11.2-, 12.0-RELEASE, 13.0-CURRENT@r346346 amd64 + i386) ->
- portlint -> OK
- Quick runtime tests -> OK, but more thorough testing would be preferable
Comment on attachment 204364 [details]
Looks good to me, and works as mentioned. You can go ahead, and commit.
A commit references this bug:
Date: Sat May 18 11:15:01 UTC 2019
New revision: 501950
graphics/py-mcomix: Fix runtime with graphics/py-pillow 6.0
* Prevent runtime breakage when graphics/py-pillow is updated to 6.0 where
the deprecated constant "Image.VERSION" is no longer available. 
* Add a workaround for the behavior of the "_getexif" function that is still
buggy with PNG files that contain EXIF meta data. 
Also while I'm here:
* Add "gnome" to USES as using USE_GNOME alone is deprecated.
PR: 237887, 237426 (related)
Approved by: ashish (maintainer)
Obtained from: upstream , https://github.com/multiSnow/mcomix3/issues/76 
Committed, thank you for your review and approval!