Created attachment 204624 [details]
update to 1.25.16
Release notes: https://www.lesbonscomptes.com/recoll/release-1.25.html
* Take maintainership of this orphan port
* Allowed python version >=2.7
* Apply minor portlint suggestions
* CHM option needs misc/chmlib to build. Strip libraries in
* patch-Makefile.in patch has been substantially modified to support
(In reply to jjuanino from comment #0)
thank you for the patch. I tried to build it but somehow it fails in the configure stage with:
> checking for type of string parameter to putenv... checking for xapian-config... /usr/local/bin/xapian-config
> checking for xslt-config... no
> configure: error: Cannot find xslt-config command in /usr/local/libexec/ccache:/wrkdirs/usr/ports/deskutils/recoll/work/.bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/nonexistent/bin. Is
> libxslt installed ?
> ===> Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
Another issue is the option SOUND that depends on audio/py-karaoke. That port is only available for Python 2.7 and the build will fail with Python 3.6 as the default version.
Can you please investigate and update the patch? Thanks in advance.
Created attachment 205091 [details]
update to 1.25.16: new version
Hi, thanks for your work. I submit a new patch.
I have changed the following:
1. libxslt is now also a build dependency.
2. About audio/py-karaoke: you are right, and as consequence, we have to constraint to 2.7 python version, and revert the change "python=2.7+" to "python=2.7".
A commit references this bug:
Date: Mon Jun 17 11:15:14 UTC 2019
New revision: 504410
deskutils/recoll: Update to 1.25.16
* Submitter adopts port
While I'm here:
* Place USE_ variables to the intended USES block
* All Python scripts now use Python 3 by default. They are still supposedly
compatible with Python 2. (The port stays with Python 2.7 for a while as
not all dependencies are ready for Python 3, yet).
Submitted by: email@example.com
Committed, thank you for the patch and taking maintainership!
I did some minor fixes regarding the patches in relation with the post-patch target to reduce some overall churn in the diffs.
I also added devel/py-setuptools for the BUILD_DEPENDS as it now required to get a successful build in an isolated jail.