Created attachment 205170 [details]
patch to upgrade
This release contains a number of bug fixes for crashes introduced in
1.9, session ticket code, stream pipeline code, auth zone code and it
also fixes qname minimisation packet scrub failures.
There is a new python module example. This is an example of a module
that is loaded into unbound that changes DNS messages, and how Unbound
processes them. The example resolves records in multicast DNS, with Avahi.
AXFR over TLS is supported. This uses TLS to connect to the master and
download the AXFR or IXFR. Enable by loading certificates (just like
for other DNS over TLS), and syntax like master: "ip#authname" in
unbound.conf for the auth-zone where you want to use this.
- add type CAA to libpyunbound (accessing libunbound from python).
- Fix #17: Add python module example from Jan Janak, that is a
plugin for the Unbound DNS resolver to resolve DNS records in
multicast DNS [RFC 6762] via Avahi. The plugin communicates
with Avahi via DBus. The comment section at the beginning of
the file contains detailed documentation.
- travis build file.
- PR #16: XoT support, AXFR over TLS, turn it on with
master: <ip>#<authname> in unbound.conf. This uses TLS to
download the AXFR (or IXFR).
- Fix for #4233: guard use of NDEBUG, so that it can be passed in
CFLAGS into configure.
- Add log message, at verbosity 4, that says the query is encrypted
with TLS, if that is enabled for the query.
- Fix #4239: set NOTIMPL when deny-any is enabled, for RFC8482.
- Fix #4240: Fix whitespace cleanup in example.conf.
- Fix that tls-session-ticket-keys: "" on its own in unbound.conf
disables the tls session ticker key calls into the OpenSSL API.
- Fix crash if tls-servic-pem not filled in when necessary.
- Fix auth-zone NSEC3 response for empty nonterminals with exact
atch nsec3 records.
- Fix for out of bounds integers, thanks to OSTIF audit. It is in
allocation debug code.
- Fix for auth zone nsec3 ent fix for wildcard nodata.
- Move goto label in answer_from_cache to the end of the function
where it is more visible.
- Fix auth-zone NSEC3 response for wildcard nodata answers,
include the closest encloser in the answer.
- Fix spelling error in log output for event method.
- Fix to reinit event structure for accepted TCP (and TLS) sockets.
- Fix to use event_assign with libevent for thread-safety.
- verbose information about auth zone lookup process, also lookup
start, timeout and fail.
- Fix to wipe ssl ticket keys from memory with explicit_bzero,
- Fix that auth zone uses correct network type for sockets for
SOA serial probes. This fixes that probes fail because earlier
probe addresses are unreachable.
- Fix that auth zone fails over to next master for timeout in tcp.
- Squelch SSL read and write connection reset by peer and broken pipe
messages. Verbosity 2 and higher enables them.
- Update python documentation for init_standard().
- Fix tls write event for read state change to re-call SSL_write and
not resume the TLS handshake.
- Better braces in if statement in TCP fastopen code.
- iana portlist updated.
- Scrub RRs from answer section when reusing NXDOMAIN message for
- For harden-below-nxdomain: do not consider a name to be non-exitent
when message contains a CNAME record.
- Fix wrong query name in local zone redirect answers with a CNAME,
the copy of the local alias is in unpacked form.
- contrib/fastrpz.patch updated for code changes, and with git diff.
- Fix #29: Solaris 11.3 and missing symbols be64toh, htobe64.
- Fix #30: AddressSanitizer finding in lookup3.c. This sets the
hash function to use a slower but better auditable code that does
not read beyond array boundaries. This makes code better security
checkable, and is better for security. It is fixed to be slower,
but not read outside of the array.
- Fix edns-subnet locks, in error cases the lock was not unlocked.
- Fix doxygen output error on readme markdown vignettes.
- Squelch log messages from tcp send about connection reset by peer.
They can be enabled with verbosity at higher values for diagnosing
network connectivity issues.
- Attempt to fix malformed tcp response.
- Fix #31: swig 4.0 and python module.
- Note that so-reuseport at extreme load is better turned off,
otherwise queries are not distributed evenly, on Linux 4.4.x.
- Fix that spoolbuf is not used to store tcp pipelined response
between mesh send and callback end.
- Fix double file close in tcp pipelined response code.
- Fix to define _OPENBSD_SOURCE to get reallocarray on NetBSD.
- Fix to guard _OPENBSD_SOURCE from redefinition.
- Fix that fixes the Fix that spoolbuf is not used to store tcp
pipelined response between mesh send and callback end, this fixes
error cases that did not use the correct spoolbuf.
- Fix another spoolbuf storage code point, in prefetch.
A commit references this bug:
Date: Wed Jun 19 04:56:31 UTC 2019
New revision: 504511
Update to 1.9.2
Submitted by: Jaap Akkerhuis <jaap@NLnetLabs.nl> (maintainer)
Sponsored by: Netzkommune GmbH