Created attachment 207328 [details]
Update www/jmeter to 5.1.1
I've attached a patch to update www/jmeter from 2.11 to 5.1.1.
The change would switch the port back to using the bundled JARs -- a major no-no and a deal-breaker:
Thank you for the heads-up on the upstream version-bump, but this patch is no acceptable. If you care, please, rework it to avoid installing JARs already provided by other ports.
^Triage: Maintainer (apparently?) provided feedback, which is maintainer-feedback +
Approval of patches (or non acceptance) is with maintainer-approval flag on attachments
@Mikhail Could you update your port MAINTAINER lines to match your bugzilla account email please, that way any issues created for ports you maintain can be automatically assigned to you. Thanks!
(In reply to Kubilay Kocak from comment #3)
> provided feedback, which is maintainer-feedback +
Absolutely not - the feedback is negative, Kubilay - it was _you_, how set it to positive for some reason.
I do not know, how my initial response could be so misinterpreted, I explicitly wrote in comment #2:
> this patch is no[t] acceptable
> @Mikhail Could you update your port MAINTAINER lines to match your bugzilla account email please
For historical reasons, I have _two_ accounts - one of them matching the non-FreeBSD account I use - also for historical reasons - for ports.
So far I've had no problems with PRs against my ports being assigned to me - was this one an exception?
(In reply to Mikhail Teterin from comment #4)
The maintainer-*approval* flag on the patch was set to - to indicate non-acceptance.
maintainer-*feedback* was provided (ie: +), - is only used to indicate maintainer timeouts, which is not the case here.
On having maintainer lines match FreeBSD bugzilla account email addresses, it enabled auto-assignment of issues, and reduces the work triagers have to do (and noise on the mailing list when issues aren't assigned). We'd appreciate it if the emails matched, as we ask of everyone else
currently I'm pretty low on time but I will try to change the patch according to your requirements.
Should we leave the issue open or is it better to close it and let me open a new one once the patch is ready?
^Triage: Assign to (real, committer) maintainer, pending updating of MAINTAINER lines to match
(In reply to Jens Grassel from comment #6)
Leaving the issue open is fine in this case