Created attachment 216121 [details]
Just after working on PR's a new version came out.
Succesfully tested with poudriere.
This could close PR's 244600 and 246578
Created attachment 216123 [details]
Minor thing, but I still missed the -q option.
^Triage: Maintainer-feedback flag (+) not required unless requested (?) first
(In reply to Leo Vandewoestijne from comment #2)
This patch cannot apply cleanly due to too many space/tab difference and I cannot resolve them by hand. Can you upload a new patch with `svn diff`? Thanks!
I've only had a brief look so far, but using a different "rundir" for `kres-cache-gc` seems wrong. You surely want to collect garbage in the cache (directory) used by the `kresd` process(es) and not in some separate one.
Created attachment 216141 [details]
In that case this is the adjusted patch, using a single rundir.
Testing it with validation-tools it looks OK, but I still have to test it running in reality.
Then (for the future) I'm afraid there still need to come a lua-http and lua-cqueues port.
@Maintainer Does this issue still resolve bug 244600 and bug 246578? If not, please clarify the dependencies
FATAL: Makefile: krescachegc listed in SUB_FILES/USE_RC_SUBR, but files/krescachegc.in is missing.
FATAL: Makefile: kresd listed in SUB_FILES/USE_RC_SUBR, but files/kresd.in is missing.
Created attachment 216172 [details]
Yes it addresses everything from PR244600.
And PR246578 was alreadys solved.
Both could be closed.
I never used `svn diff` for PR's - so I was unaware I needed to do `svn add`
The krescachegc.in and kresd.in are now added.
Further I've spotted another leftover-error in pkg-plist: %%KRESDUSER%%,%%KRESDGROUP%% should now adjusted be %%USERS%%,%%GROUPS%%
Further I've created a lua-cqueues port at PR216171 - this patch is already using it, and the previous errors are gone.
Correction: PR216171 was a select error at copy/paste;
it's depending on PR247739 (the new cqueues port).
(In reply to Kurt Jaeger from comment #12)
Somewhat what's being installed is not what is in the auto-plisted file list:
===> Checking for items in STAGEDIR missing from pkg-plist
Error: Orphaned: %%PORTDOCS%%%%DOCSDIR%%/examples/config.cluster
Error: Orphaned: %%PORTDOCS%%%%DOCSDIR%%/examples/config.docker
Error: Orphaned: %%PORTDOCS%%%%DOCSDIR%%/examples/config.internal
Error: Orphaned: %%PORTDOCS%%%%DOCSDIR%%/examples/config.isp
Error: Orphaned: %%PORTDOCS%%%%DOCSDIR%%/examples/config.personal
Error: Orphaned: %%PORTDOCS%%%%DOCSDIR%%/examples/config.privacy
Error: Orphaned: %%PORTDOCS%%%%DOCSDIR%%/examples/config.splitview
===> Checking for items in pkg-plist which are not in STAGEDIR
Error: Missing: %%ETCDIR%%/icann-ca.pem
Error: Missing: %%EXAMPLESDIR%%/config.cluster
Error: Missing: %%EXAMPLESDIR%%/config.docker
Error: Missing: %%EXAMPLESDIR%%/config.internal
Error: Missing: %%EXAMPLESDIR%%/config.isp
Error: Missing: %%EXAMPLESDIR%%/config.personal
Error: Missing: %%EXAMPLESDIR%%/config.privacy
Error: Missing: %%EXAMPLESDIR%%/config.splitview
===> Error: Plist issues found.
Created attachment 216182 [details]
This patch builds with the plist-fixes. Can you approve ?
Comment on attachment 216182 [details]
Looks fine. Approved.
Created attachment 216207 [details]
How does this look? This has the BUILD_DEPENDS / RUN_DEPENDS for cqueues that I suggested over in the cqueues ticket, and it passes testport for me without error (using the version of the cqueues port from my latest patch on that ticket, not the one currently committed).
I also removed lua:51+ from USES, because _this_ port isn't actually using the lua framework (since it's depending directly on luajit instead). It'll still, slightly unfortunately, pick up a runtime dependency on lua51 by way of cqueues, but I don't know any way to avoid that other than to build a special luajit flavor or slave port of cqueues which I think is overkill.
Additional changes I made were to remove USE_LDCONFIG since there seems to be no reason for it, and reordered things to pacify portclippy.
What I haven't done is tested whether the result actually runs...
testbuild of updated patch is fine. TODO: run-tests, and approval from Leo
Did some testing in host, jail and poudriere: looks all fine;
but -probably needless to mention- make sure PR 247739 is comited first).
Then in the future I expect it may be smart to give the user a radio-option to use lua / luajit / luajit-openresty - and do the same in dnsdist, such that you wont have needless duplicates or worse (conflicts).
And for the use-cases where lua-http becomes needed I should probably write a message instructing to use lua-rocks to install that.
The content of attachment 216182 [details] has been deleted for the following reason:
replaced by newer diff
The content of attachment 216172 [details] has been deleted for the following reason:
replaced by newer diff
A commit references this bug:
Date: Sat Jul 11 20:57:43 UTC 2020
New revision: 542054
dns/knot-resolver: update 5.1.1 -> 5.1.2
Submitted by: Leo Vandewoestijne <firstname.lastname@example.org> (maintainer)