Created attachment 218656 [details]
Some notes here:
1. The Linux Steam client is not capable of running Windows games with vanilla Wine, it specifically requires this patchset, hence the port.
2. This is _not_ a complete Proton distribution. Proton has other components as well, which are also necessary for Steam. This will be addressed separately.
3. The port itself is derived from wine-devel, however I did not manage to make it a slave port. Notably, the installation location is adjusted to /usr/local/wine-proton to allow coexistence with wine/wine-devel. This in turn necessitates removing USE_LDCONFIG, and man pages, and so on.
5. I've also "flattened" all the options. The port has pretty much a single use case, so it doesn't need that flexibility.
6. The sanity check script used to verify the conversion (compare-with-wine-devel.rb) is included for completeness.
Created attachment 218666 [details]
Created attachment 218778 [details]
wine-proton.patch v3 (update to 5.13)
Created attachment 218779 [details]
wine-proton.patch v4 (update to 5.13)
Forgot to add --without-usb.
Created attachment 218911 [details]