Bug 59212 - [MAINTAINER UPDATE] update sysutils/lineakd -> 0.7.2, fix some probs
Summary: [MAINTAINER UPDATE] update sysutils/lineakd -> 0.7.2, fix some probs
Status: Closed FIXED
Alias: None
Product: Ports & Packages
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Individual Port(s) (show other bugs)
Version: Latest
Hardware: Any Any
: Normal Affects Only Me
Assignee: Pav Lucistnik
URL:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2003-11-12 12:40 UTC by Kay Lehmann
Modified: 2003-11-19 15:28 UTC (History)
0 users

See Also:


Attachments
lineakd-0.7.2.diff (10.84 KB, patch)
2003-11-12 12:40 UTC, Kay Lehmann
no flags Details | Diff
lineakd-0.7.2new.diff (10.68 KB, patch)
2003-11-12 15:14 UTC, Kay Lehmann
no flags Details | Diff
Makefile.diff (286 bytes, patch)
2003-11-13 09:08 UTC, Kay Lehmann
no flags Details | Diff
pkg-plist.diff (191 bytes, patch)
2003-11-13 09:08 UTC, Kay Lehmann
no flags Details | Diff

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Kay Lehmann 2003-11-12 12:40:03 UTC
- new version brings a lot of bug fixes, new keyboarddefs and features
- pr=ports/58518 isn't necessary anymore since this version doesn't install conflicting files
- try to use PORTDOCS
- add a knob for xosd (new feature)
Comment 1 Oliver Eikemeier 2003-11-12 12:52:10 UTC
Kay Lehmann wrote:

> - try to use PORTDOCS

You'll get the documentation files listed *twice* in the packing list
if you define PORTDOCS *and* list them in pkg-plist.

Please don't install COPYING:
  http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/dads-misc.html

and lineakd.conf.example seems to belong in EXAMPLESDIR?
Comment 2 Kay Lehmann 2003-11-12 15:14:38 UTC
Oliver Eikemeier schrieb:
> You'll get the documentation files listed *twice* in the packing list
> if you define PORTDOCS *and* list them in pkg-plist.

Hmm, I added them to plist, because porttools give me these files as 
missing in plist. Since this is first time I use the macro I thought 
they wouldn't be included automagically.

> Please don't install COPYING:
>  http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/dads-misc.html 

Sorry. Forgot that.

> and lineakd.conf.example seems to belong in EXAMPLESDIR?

Yes, I agree. Is this also meant to be optional or is it okay to just 
install it?

Sorry about the probs. As mentioned I "tried" to deal with PORTDOCS.

I included a diff (it's like the first against original port 0.4p3)

Hope it's okay this way.
Greetings,
Kay
Comment 3 Oliver Eikemeier 2003-11-12 17:02:02 UTC
Kay Lehmann wrote:

> Oliver Eikemeier schrieb:
> 
>> You'll get the documentation files listed *twice* in the packing list
>> if you define PORTDOCS *and* list them in pkg-plist.
> 
> Hmm, I added them to plist, because porttools give me these files as 
> missing in plist. Since this is first time I use the macro I thought 
> they wouldn't be included automagically.

file porttools a PR.

>> and lineakd.conf.example seems to belong in EXAMPLESDIR?
> 
> Yes, I agree. Is this also meant to be optional or is it okay to just 
> install it?

I guess you decide. Normally, examples are not optional, but you might
want to ask ports@.

> Sorry about the probs. As mentioned I "tried" to deal with PORTDOCS.

You are welcome. I had no problems with your port, no pun intended.

> I included a diff (it's like the first against original port 0.4p3)

Looks good (I haven't tested it, though)

You might want to @dirrm %%EXAMPLESDIR%%, and review if INSTALL contains
any useful information for port users (I didn't read I, so I can't judge)

Regards
    Oliver
Comment 4 Kay Lehmann 2003-11-13 09:08:32 UTC
Oliver Eikemeier schrieb:

> 
> I guess you decide. Normally, examples are not optional, but you might
> want to ask ports@.
> 

I think I want it to be installed by default, especially because there 
were some changes in conf-file, so people who upgrade should take a look 
at what's new.

> 
> You might want to @dirrm %%EXAMPLESDIR%%, and review if INSTALL contains
> any useful information for port users (I didn't read I, so I can't judge)

You are right. Install is just the generic from kdevelop (I think) so it 
need not to be installed. dirrm added. This time I just send a diff from 
Makefile and pkg-plist against the new version, since these fixes are 
quite small.

> 
> Regards
>    Oliver
> 

Greeting,
Kay
Comment 5 Pav Lucistnik freebsd_committer 2003-11-18 17:20:22 UTC
Responsible Changed
From-To: freebsd-ports-bugs->pav

I'll take this one.
Comment 6 Pav Lucistnik freebsd_committer 2003-11-19 15:27:46 UTC
State Changed
From-To: open->closed

Committed, thanks! I also axed unneeded dependencies, 
and make it respect CFLAGS and PTHREAD_* variables.