Bug 88217 - OpenOffice 2.0 build failure
Summary: OpenOffice 2.0 build failure
Status: Closed FIXED
Alias: None
Product: Ports & Packages
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Individual Port(s) (show other bugs)
Version: Latest
Hardware: Any Any
: Normal Affects Only Me
Assignee: freebsd-openoffice (Nobody)
URL:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2005-10-30 07:50 UTC by Michael W. Collette
Modified: 2005-10-31 01:24 UTC (History)
0 users

See Also:


Attachments

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Michael W. Collette 2005-10-30 07:50:17 UTC
The new OpenOffice.org-2.0 port fails during build.  I get the following error...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
=============
Building project readlicense_oo
=============
/usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-2.0/work/OOo_2.0.0rc3_src/readlicense_oo
mkout -- version: 1.5
-------------
converting license files
.dmake:  Error code 1, while making './unxfbsd.pro/misc/license/unx/LICENSE_en_US'
'---* tg_merge.mk *---'

ERROR: Error 65280 occurred while making /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-2.0/work/OOo_2.0.0rc3_src/readlicense_oo
dmake:  Error code 1, while making 'build_instsetoo_native'
'---* tg_merge.mk *---'
*** Error code 255

Stop in /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-2.0.
** Command failed [exit code 1]: /usr/bin/script -qa /tmp/portinstall48651.23 make DEPENDS_TARGET=package
** Fix the problem and try again.
** Listing the failed packages (*:skipped / !:failed)
        ! editors/openoffice.org-2.0    (missing header)
--->  Packages processed: 0 done, 122 ignored, 0 skipped and 1 failed
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Prior to building OOo I went and deleted ALL of my installed ports, and then went through and reinstalled after a cvsup.  All of my ports should be as up to date as is possible.

I ran across one possibly related bug on the OOo bug site.

http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=42364

Altering the file in question does not solve the problem.  I saw no other bug reports that looked related.

At this time I have not entered any bug report into the OOo site, in case this was FreeBSD specific.  I'll be more than happy to if not.
Comment 1 Edwin Groothuis freebsd_committer 2005-10-30 11:54:55 UTC
Responsible Changed
From-To: freebsd-ports-bugs->openoffice

Over to maintainer(s)
Comment 2 Michael W. Collette 2005-10-30 21:15:21 UTC
My bad.  Seems that everything builds just fine to the point of failure with 
the compiler options set to -O2.  When I knocked that down to -O it scoots 
right on past the previously noted point of failure.

It's pretty weird that it wouldn't fail at a compile point though.  So far as 
I can tell, this is a Perl script doing some kind of document conversation. 
Why it would care about compiler options is beyond me.

Ah well.  Please close this bug.

Thanks,
-- 
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.
In practice, there is."
- Yogi Berra
Comment 3 Maho Nakata freebsd_committer 2005-10-31 01:24:26 UTC
State Changed
From-To: open->closed

Submitter's request