- I separated fpc2 port to a lot of fpc-* ports. I think that it's the best way for install freepascal's ports. It allow to have a major control on dependencies, maintenance. I added missing dependencies for some ports of freepascal.
- Also I made a fpc-units port. This will install extra units to freepascal.
- I think that lang/fpc port could be removed of ports tree and rename lang/fpc2 to lang/fpc.
- Could I take maintainership? This could help me for updates future.
Awaiting maintainers feedback
Might be a good idea if you're willing to put up with it and change to
source distribution in the future (get bootstrap fpc, get sources,
compile/patch and install).
There's also people currently working on Lazarus port, I can contact
them how they feel about this if they think there's anything wrong.
The fpc2 -> fpc renaming is ofcourse a good idea, there's a huge chaos
regarding the fpc port right now.
So to sum it up here's my idea:
1. Make fpc compile from sources (there's patches needed for freeBSD for
2. Put it in as fpc and remove the old ports
If you're willing to undertake this I'd happily give you the
maintainer's flag as my time is more and more limited.
I'll take it.